Sunday, October 5, 2014

One-Year Milestone

Appointments of Divine Favor “For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” (Ephesians 2:10, AMP) God has already prepared paths for you to take in your future! When God laid out the plan for your life, He lined up the right people, the right circumstances and the right breaks. In your future, He’s already released favor, supernatural opportunities and divine connections. The breaks you need in life have already been preordained to come across your path. If you will stay in faith and go out each day and be a person of excellence, you’ll walk right into these appointments of favor. It will be just as if you stumbled into God’s blessings! When you really understand this principle, you’ll begin to get excited about every single day! You’ll have a spring in your step as you think about what blessing is coming next. It could be today. It could be tomorrow. It could be next week. Keep expecting. Keep believing. Stay focused on the fact that God has already released into your future everything you need to fulfill your destiny. Start declaring seasons of increase over your life. Declare that favor is on you and look for those appointments of divine favor! A PRAYER FOR TODAY Father, thank You for prearranging a good life for me. Thank You for ordering my steps and directing my path. Help me to understand Your goodness more so that I can know You and stay close to You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen. — Joel & Victoria Osteen As I read the above passage from a brother's FB wall, I am reminded of God's Divine Favour, not only for the past one year but how things had to happen to activate these Blessings. Many a times, when I pray, I expect immediate answers. Yes, they do happen. However, I learnt not to override God's timing for I may have the requests answered (I thought so), often, the price to pay was higher. I have learnt to wait for his Time for in Isaiah 40:31, in His Divine time, I shall soar on wings like eagles; I will run and not grow weary, I will walk and not be faint. As I rejoice this one-year with Nice, I remind myself of God's Favours, sending many people to fulfil this childhood dream. Thank UFM1003, Nick and Mr Kua for without their help and ingenuity, it could have been an unfulfilled dream. Thank God for my family and friends for the love showered upon Nice. Thank God also for friends who took time off their busy schedule, walked with us at busy malls and streets in the initial months to help me ensure she concentrated on her work and picking from the floor has been much reduced. Many people had crossed paths with me. Before she came into my life, conversations tended to be, "Where you want to go?", or "Why you come out alone. Where is your family? Do you know it is dangerous to come out alone?" I even overheard, "Very koliang hor. Blind also have to work ah. Noone help her."After she arrive: "How much you buy this dog for?", "She can go up bus, MRT and taxi ah!", "Such a beautiful dog". one instant, a lady came running to us exclaiming, "You were about to bang a pillar but it amazed me when the dog led you away. Do you know a pillar is so close by?" and many more. I am glad these encounters are opportunities to educate about guide dogs too. Thanks to GDA whose GDMI and O&M instructors helped strengthen the O&M skills to go about independently, with or without a guide dog from 2008 to mid 2012 although there was a one-year break inbetween. I read somewhere that most guide dog teams will break down or fail in the first year without active GDMI support. Thank God for taking us through this one year filled with fun, excitements, unknown journeys, and of course, not forgetting to instill discipline for her and myself for it takes two hands to clap. I look forward to the many unknowns we will trudge together, my faithful partner, Nice. Many times, I wanted to throw in the towel when you wanted your way and disciplined just didn't seem to work. Thank God for the full support the Eye Mate is giving. Advice is always prompt to come when they observe we weren't doing something right. Miki San is always in touch, via FB, emails and phone chats. As a commitment, Shotaro Hara San came in April to assess and strengthened certain techniques which I wasn't doing right. Although I don't know what tomorrow holds but I know God holds my future firmly in His Hands and protects us under the shadow of His Wings. Yes, we are His Workmanship, created to do Good Works. God's gift of Nice is for His Divine purpose in which I never fail to recognise. Her gentle, sweet and good nature has indeed melted and will melt many hearts, including 2-year-olds. Last evening, while taking evening walk, a daddy with his boy came along. He exclaimed, "Such a beautiful dog. Can I touch?" The daddy approached in which I consented. Before he left, said, "We are friends, ok." What a wonderful boy! This was only one encounter. More adventures to come!!! Nice, I love you for you have enhanced my independence and travels to a whole new level. Let us go on educating people about your work and helps our society to be more acceptable to guide dogs as alternative aids. Happy first anniversary to us:)

No comments: