Monday, October 22, 2007

GENERAL ISSUES

Hey all,

I am back to continue where I left off yesterday. I am glad that our nation progressed at such a rapid pace. During my childhood days, Singapore was then an infant nation. We were establishing ourselves in the international arena. As life goes on, (so they say), the plight of people with disabilities is still not been adequately addressed though we have attained the status of a developed nation.

Hey, don't get me wrong! I am not suggesting that we must be given charity all the time. I am talking about employment opportunities here. Many of my friends, though having attained an adequate level of education often realised they would be the last to be hired during economic boom and the first to be fired during economic recession.

Yes, I do acknowledge being physically challenged is not a choice. Parents did not intend to bring children into the world for them to suffer.

Well, continue next time.

No comments: