Monday, October 29, 2007

The Power of Networking

I was invited to a networking event by a cousin yesterday. It was held at Raffles Town Club. Though I love meeting people, I realised the network marketing has blossomed a lot the last 7 years. Since I was introduced to the concept by a friend in 2000 about an american MLM company establishing its presence in Singapore and then only a handful bought the idea, I discovered even companies originated from asia also soon followed suit. Though there were about 200 strong, the hype that went on was remarkable. I recently did some work for another american networking company who encouraged its american independent business owners (designation), to make their presence felt in Singapore. I was amazed by the dedication demonstrated by one group. They moved together. Though most in his group returned to USA after two weeks, Fred actually impressed me with his willingness to return to Singapore for another 4 weeks to build his business. Like many networkers, my cousin also encouraged me to joined her. However, I do not foresee myself doing a lot cuz I only used products that benefit me in strengthening my health. I don't buy the idea of spending lots of money to beautify my external self. I believe so long as one is presentable, it is good enough.

Perhaps, since I do not see very much, I prefer to be my natural self. My niece has been putting a lot of effort in designing the site. Hope you like it and please do enjoy your stay.

No comments: